As defined by its statutes, the Research Group in Microelectronics and Microsystems (GR2M) has the general objective of “promoting and consolidating research activities in Microelectronics at École Polytechnique de Montréal”.
More specifically, the GR2M pursues its objectives. following:
- Bring together in a visible entity researchers working in sectors related to microelectronics and microsystems;
- Provide microelectronics researchers with a place for communication and exchange to promote and facilitate collaboration and teamwork;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the laboratories and the GR2M infrastructure;
- Facilitate access to microelectronics technologies to other researchers from the School and from outside the School who may benefit.
These objectives have not been changed since the group’s official constitution.
List of regular members
The Microelectronics and Microsystems Research Group is part of the Electrical Engineering Department and is made up of regular members, associate members and other professionals and researchers:
Yves Audet: Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, his research focuses on analog integrated circuits, CMOS image sensors, printed electronics and architectures of circuits resistant to cosmic rays.
Guy Bois: Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering and Software Engineering. He is interested in the design and verification of embedded systems based on CPU and FPGA.
François-Raymond Boyer: Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering who is interested in architectures and design methods of VLSI circuits. He is particularly interested in the optimization of systems exploiting multi-phase clocks.
- Poly’s Directory of experts : https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/boyer-francois-raymond
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Francois-Raymond-Boyer
Jean-Jules Brault: Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Director of the Neural Networks Laboratory (LRN), which is interested in various architectures and applications of neural, virtual or electronic machines, as well as in the development of their algorithms’ learning.
- Poly’s Directory of experts : https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/en/Brault-Jean-Jules
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Jean-Jules-Brault
Jean-Pierre David: Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering. He is interested in the fast and reliable design of digital systems from a high-level description, especially for reconfigurable systems (FPGAs).
- Poly’s Directory of experts: https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/david-jean-pierre
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Jean-Pierre-David
Pierre Langlois: Full Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering, is interested in the design and implementation of configurable processors for image and video processing, computer vision and architecture.
François Leduc-Primeau: Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering. His research interests lie at the intersection of the architecture of digital systems and telecommunications and aim to improve the energy efficiency of various digital systems used in signal processing and telecommunications.
- Poly’s Directory of experts : https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Francois-Leduc-Primeau
Sylvain Martel: Full Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering and Canada Research Chair whose research area is primarily the design of micro and nano electromechanical systems, including nano robotics for applications at the molecular and atomic level by touching several aspects such as instrumentation, electronics, computers and reconfigurable systems. In nano robotics, we exploit the fundamental discoveries in nanoscience by designing nano robots capable of working at the nanometer level to create new systems, products and applications.
Gabriela Nicolescu: Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering who is interested in high-level design of heterogeneous embedded systems composed of subsystems specific to different areas of application: software, hardware, mechanics, optics and RF. She is also working on the design of multiprocessor on-chip systems.
- Poly’s Directory of experts : https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/en/nicolescu-gabriela
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Gabriela-Nicolescu
- Page personnelle : https://sites.google.com/site/gnicolescuepm/
Yvon Savaria: Full Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Director of GR2M. His interests include integrated system design methodology, fault tolerance and testability issues, the effects of radiation on electronics, the design and verification of systems-on-a-chip (SOC), design digital, analog and mixed circuits and the applications of these technologies.
Mohamad Sawan: Full Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and ex Director of the ReSMiQ. His research interested are the design and production of mixed circuits (digital, analog, optical and RF) and their applications in the industrial (wireless communication) and biomedical (stimulators and sensory sensors) fields.
- Poly’s Directory of experts : https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/en/sawan-mohamad
- GR2M Page : https://www.gr2m.polymtl.ca/Mohamad-Sawan
- Personnal page : http://www.MohamadSawan.org/
Employees, professionals, research associates and postdocs
THE GRM EXISTS SINCE 1989,
THE GRM94 WAS NAMED IN 1994,
THE NAME GR2M EXISTS SINCE 2005.
The grouping of member professors really began in 1985 at the VLSI Laboratory, but it was in 1989 that the first annual report was created. Rapidly the GRM was enlarged and in 2005 with the arrival of Microsystems, its new name appeared the GR2M.