Cadence University Program - CUAP Member page
Cadence software in action at Polytechnique
Cadence tools are used to support the laboratories VLSI, GRM, GR2M and courses. They are used in several research projects. The courses using the tools at Polytechnique are ELE8304, ELE6305b, ELE6308, INF8500 and GBM8320.
The first two classes are introductory VLSI courses taught at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Some 100 students are introduced to the Cadence tools every year. In these course, Cadence is used as a layout tools to do simple cells in order to understand layout, design rules and process layers. The other classes are advances courses in VLSI design of digital ICs and analog ICs, or related topics. In several cases Cadence is used to create and validate physical designs. On the order of 100 students every year gain a more thorough hands on experience with the tool suite as part of advanced course and thesis projects.
Some research projects using Cadence include:
- Developing an inductive fault analysis toolsuite on top of Cadence using skill routines.
- Implementing a clustering chip based on the fuzzy ART neural network algorithm.
- Develop demonstrator chips for a design methodology of high speed circuits based on the TSPC design style. A 3*3 convolver is used as the driving project.
- Develop a TSPC cell library for the TSMC 0.35, 0.18 and 0.13 micron technology.
- Physical design of an ancilary data processor chip that insert and extract ancillary data from a digital video stream.
- Implementation of various mised-signal circuits and systems dedicated for sensors interfaces and implantable stimulators.
- Implementaion of high performance analog functions such as preamlifiers, filters, ADC, ..
- Implementation of active pixe1 arrays dedicated for image sensors.
- Introduction a Spectre (french document)
- more should soon.
back link to: University Alliance Homepage
Information is provided “as is” without warranty or guarantee of any kind. No statement is made and no attempt has been made to examine the information, either with respect to operability, origin, authorship, or otherwise.
Please use this information at your own risk and any attempt to use this information is at your own risk we recommend using it on a copy of your data to be sure you understand what it does and under your conditions. Keep your master intact until you are personally satisfied with the user of this information within your environment.
Cadence is a trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 2655 Seely Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134.
Maintained by: < Rejean Lepage >
Last modified: Mon, april 8, 2019